About Ms Kitty and I

My photo
GAINESVILLE, FL, United States
Ms Kitty is my partner on this blog. She is a retired Library Cat and now searches for Animal Stories and cute photos of them. She also helps me to find things to interest others. Together we hope you can Learn,Share and just have FUN here ... I am also Blessed with a Gift from God..I am a Medium/Clairavoyant I DO NOT read Tarot cards but I do Life Path Readings I am a Avid Facebooker, love crafts,reading and poker

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Atlanta U2 concert


I have to share this trip lol Okay my daughter is a U2 freak. Bono to be exact. Well since the early 90's when she discovered them we have been to a a few concerts.. Well she inside and me in the parking lot. Dont get me wrong ..I like their music but I am disabled and going to a concert would be too much trouble for me and I dont mind be the designated driver for her. Before she got married and had a license I went so she could go and also so I can feel assure she would be okay and get home safely. Now she is married and her hubby is select on where he follows her concert whims like in August he got out of Atlanta Ga and went to the Tampa one..And no he is like me he dont go in. Anyway I would have loved Tampa instead of OVERCROWDED , TRAFFIC UP THE YING AND SOME UP THE YANG, DRIVING THRU VERY SCARRY STREETS AND JUST BEING THERE !!! The damn arena was smack in the middle of town.. well what I did was ask ,, no wait let me be honest.. I threatened my husband into doing the driving there .. I also threw in some guilt trips too for added measure. Felicia asked her co worker Kaye who I like and was glad she came and my son to go so he can be a body guard to them and also go see his first U2 concert which he liked lol We left midnight of the concert date and drove the 6 hrs on a I-75 with big ass trucks blowing by and the front door on the drivers side to come open slightly since it is loose and turn on the over head lites inside the van. My son said it reminded him of Cash cab show on E lol What the drivers behind us thought seeing our lights come on inside every 3 min made me laff. I can imagine their faces like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Now my van is not that big especially when I have to carry my electric wheelchair. So the seating was my son in the chair in the back..him surrounded by a huge cooler and stuff 5 people were bringing for 2 days lol then the back seat was Kaye and Felicia. Now remember it is midnight and no one has slept except my husband for a few hours. So Kaye got the back seat and my daughter laid on the floorboard.. DAMN YOU BONOOOOOOOO if you knew what this girl has went thru to see your short arse ...hell what I have been thru// RETIRE MAN RETIREEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU ARE OLD HEAR ME OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.


Okay back to the trip.. Now I am of course in the passenger seat and I know my husband was wishing it was my door loose and maybe opening sometime soon. yes I am a back seat driver but he can not drive for real so I have a reason to do this .. so other then me being a nervous wreck with this interstate traffic and him driving it and no I couldnt have done it because the stress would have been worse and the disco lights we were producing all night and the snoring from the back.. it was enlightening. We got to the Motel about 7:30 and we all crashed for a while.. Now my biggest highlite of the whole thing was the PLANES!!! OMGGGGGG it was soooooooooooooo awesome. The motel was next to a airport and since the FREE WI was not working at this ,motel sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and PCing was out my daughter and I went in the van about 9 and sat in there and played scrabble while huge planes flew so close you could see heads in the windows. She took some awesome video and hopefully maybe I can put it on here or see if I have a pic. Anyway that was so cool.. We went back in later and got everybody up so we could go eat and find out where this concert place was and take them a little early since the day was a work day and Atlantas work people plus U2 fans that had come there for the concert would get the traffic up again.. We found the place and ooohed and ahhhhhed over downtown Atlanta and all they had like the CNN building ..then cringed in fright over the getto streets and homeless galore who openly put tents right on the sidewalks and hang their laundry out as if it was the back yard. We found a Taco bell that I could guarentee was in a section even cops dont come too because for one WE DIDNT SEE ONE!!!! We hurridly ate and then found our way back to the arena and let them out and said we would see them at 11pm. My husband and I found our way back to the motel and waited to 10 and left to get them. OMGGG it was mass dysfunction!! Where we dropped them off was closed off and traffic was backed up all around the arena . It took you 45 min to go around the block. Thank gawd in cell phone because this is how we manuvered them to us when they got out. They finally got to us and all excitedly told us about the concert while we tried to find that motel again in the dark and in trafficcccccccccccccc .. exit this and up there and back on that exit.. good gawdddddddd someone pass me a Prozac!! We got back to the motel and everyone just dropped into bed.. We all were up and dressed and out of there by 11am and wanted to eat at a certain place before we left. Ryans MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. This was another highlite for me.. Well my daughter having a great time was also one too and me knowing another concert she is safe and happy. When then left Atlanta about 1pm and started back to Florida.. We had fun coming back,, My son was back in the chair and saying how he was writing HELP ME on the back window and saying THIS CAR REALLY IS NOT FROM FLORIDA.. If a cop saw this I think we all would have been bunking another night in Ga and it wouldnt have a Vacancy sign lit up outside either ,, My daughter and Kaye played on the laptop with some games and of course I was finally quiet .. I was just winding down and looking outside at the beautiful cloudy skies


We stopped for some ice cream and got home about 6 pm.. It was fun lol and I will never forget those planes.. man that was too awesome and also spending all that time with Felicia. We dont spend too much time together because she works and does her own thing so this was the biggest + of it all .. Oh by the way she bought tickets for Chicago for next year..sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh she said her and Kaye are flying there .. yea whatever.. I will have money then to get a nice ass hotel right downtown with a doorman and money for a limo to take them.. to the concert and A BODY GUARD!!!!!! I am taking apps now if any big burly guys are reading this.. and yes you have to see the concert.. we are talking Chicago!!!!!! RETIRE BONO LISTEN TO ME YOU ARE OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ..GIVE IT UP MAN!!! YOU ARE NOT JAGGER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment