About Ms Kitty and I

My photo
GAINESVILLE, FL, United States
Ms Kitty is my partner on this blog. She is a retired Library Cat and now searches for Animal Stories and cute photos of them. She also helps me to find things to interest others. Together we hope you can Learn,Share and just have FUN here ... I am also Blessed with a Gift from God..I am a Medium/Clairavoyant I DO NOT read Tarot cards but I do Life Path Readings I am a Avid Facebooker, love crafts,reading and poker

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

OCD??? READ , EDUCATE and UNDERSTAND


Do you or someone you know have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) I know someone and it is heart breaking to see. You feel so lost and dont know what to do.... Even if you are not sure you have it or someone you know PLEASE still READ. This could be something you may be able to save someone from or understand their actions better and get help. Below is a segment on a site I saw on Good Morning America and I felt this would be a great place to talk about it..

What Is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?
Worries, doubts, and superstitious beliefs are common in everyday life. However, when they become so excessive such as hours of hand washing or driving around and around the block to check that an accident didn't occur then a diagnosis of OCD is made. In OCD, the brain gets stuck on a particular thought or urge and just can't let go. People with OCD often say the symptoms feel like a case of mental hiccups that won't go away. OCD is a medical brain disorder that causes problems in information processing. It is not your fault or the result of a "weak" or unstable personality.
Before the arrival of modern medications and cognitive behavior therapy, OCD was generally thought to be untreatable. Most people with OCD continued to suffer, despite years of ineffective psychotherapy. Today, luckily, treatment can help most people with OCD. Although OCD is usually completely curable only in some individuals, most people achieve meaningful and long-term symptom relief with comprehensive treatment.

Read the rest on the site..
It is always a good thing to learn about medical problems as much as you can.. Todays doctors really lack in education now days so be one step ahead of them .. I find myself telling my doctors 90% of what is wrong with me and what I need sighhhh and then they still look at you with a duhhh face.. I am at the point now, that the next doctor I have to teach about something will be getting a bill from me!!!

This post is DEDICATED to a family member of mine ....

1 comment:

  1. Hi, haven't heard anything from you in a while so I hope you're okay!

    It seems my doctor thinks I've been exposed to aspergillis and has had some blood tests run to see if her suspisions are correct as I have mold growing in my shower when the council tore it apart and have only just fixed it two years later...so I may be reading through your blog and any advice woul dbe greatly appreaciated!

    Hope you're okay
    Love and Hugs
    Joey

    ReplyDelete